First Aid for Schools & Teachers
First Aid for Schools and Teachers is designed to equip teachers with a sound understanding of first aid techniques for conditions that they may encounter when looking after children in a wide variety of situations.
The course covers primary and secondary care skills.
Occupations that can use this course include: teachers, social workers, teaching assistants, club leaders. This course meets Ofsted / EYFS criteria for first aid in schools.
Duration: 6 hours
Delivery: 1 day or flexible delivery
Delegates: maximum 12
Delegates need to wear practical clothing for training
- The role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Managing an emergency situation
- The importance of communication
- Casualty care
- Initial assessment
- Allergic reaction and the use of auto-injectors
- Bleeding management
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Choking adult, child and infant
- Head injuries
- CPR adult, child and infant
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Minor injuries including nose bleeds